I’m passionate about storytelling in all its forms, and write articles, interviews and creative non-fiction for various publications in English and German. I try to cross boundaries in my articles, whether bringing together unexpected ideas, playing with unconventional formats, working collaboratively or writing about topics close to my heart – translation, asylum and immigration.
Selected articles in English
- “Clemens Meyer & Jenny Erpenbeck on the German Novel” – an article on contemporary German fiction, and why you should read it, for The Skinny
- “Role Reversal: Naomi Alderman on The Power” – an interview with Naomi Alderman on the novel which later won her the 2017 Baileys Prize, for The Skinny
- “Mapping the world with poetry” – an article on the German focus at StAnza’s 2016 festival
- Interview with writer Ali Smith for Cafebabel
- “A US immigration fairytale: happily ever after?” – an article on immigration policies in the USA for cafebabel.com
I had an article, “Getting into the Saddle”, published in issue 14 of the cycling magazine, Boneshaker, and was invited to write a piece of creative non-fiction for the e-book Tausend Tode schreiben (“Writing a thousand deaths”).
Selected articles in German
- #lbm16-Report – musings from the Leipzig Book Fair co-authored with Marisa Rohrbeck, for Litlog
- “Populäre Kritzelei” – notes from a conference on pop music for Litlog
- “boat people projekt: Bretter, die die Welt bedeuten” – an encounter with two young Syrian asylum seekers for Cafebabel
I also had an article on the performance of identity in the poetry of Patience Agbabi in the anthology Phänomene des Performativen in der Lyrik.
I’ve had poems published in various magazines, including Dactyl, Myths of the Near Future, The Fankle, Prisma and The Treacle Well. I also work on the webcomic Brewed Awakening alongside illustrator Beth Barnett.